Grade 3 £22,185 -£23,826pro rata 25 hours per week, term time only split shift.
Location Hornchurch Central Depot
Contract Type - Permanent
At the London Borough of Havering’s Passenger Travel Services, we pride ourselves on being creative and self-driven. With our main objective of providing a quality run, cost effective service to all our clients / users.
The services main purpose is the conveyance by accessible buses of Adults or Children with learning or physical difficulties to Day Centres or Schools and then returning them home.
Our aim is to provide a safe quality driven customer focused service, whilst maximizing fleet availability, achieving positive outcomes and reducing waiting times, route times with efficient route scheduling
About the Job
Transport Mini Bus Drivers role is to carry out the following:
We require 3 Mini Bus Drivers to join our operations team based at Central Depot in Hornchurch.
Drivers will be assigned to routes with the main objective of safely conveying (Children and Adults with disabilities) with a passenger assistant in attendance, to various in borough / outer borough locations.
Drivers can also be assigned to Ad-hoc work which can be out of borough trips.
This is a 25hr per week Term Time only contract on a split shift Mon - Fri
For further information please click on the Job Description here.
- Experience of conveying or working with vulnerable clients (Adults & Children)
- Experience of Driving Mini Buses and the usage of Tail lifts.
- Ability to maintain safe performance standards and be part of a large team.
- Must be able to communicate clearly across the company, its clients and its customers
- Must be able to have good clear writing skills
- Be practical, efficient and able to prioritise workload in a busy working environment
- Be enthusiastic about joining a dynamic local authority and be
- proactive in identifying opportunities to improve quality and productivity
- Flexible approach to working hours including O/T
- Holder of a (clean) minimum category D1 licence
- Desirable - evidence of any Training courses attended e.g. First Aid, Safe Guarding Vulnerable Clients, etc.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Simon Blake on 01708 433202
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 31st October 2021 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interview date to be confirmed.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.